So, I said that I’d be having some guest posts soon, and the first is from the lovely Just Average Teen Me – if you haven’t checked out her blog, you really should, because her posts are amazing!
* * *
I’m Just Average Teen Me. First of all, if you don’t know me (you probably don’t) I am a teen (bet you guessed that one) blogger (probably guessed that too) from the UK. I blog about quite a lot of random stuff actually… If you want, you could check out my Who I Am and Why I’m Here
post that will give you some insight as to why I started blogging. Or if you really want you could check out my first ever blog post – Hello World – but that had literally zero information. So if you read them, you should know a bit about me.
Okay, now that that part’s over with, I’d like to say thank you very, very much to Elm (I was going to leave a link there but I’m guessing that’s a bit pointless since this is on her blog) for letting me do this guest post 🙂 . You’re such an amazing person!
So, for this guest post I wanted to write something that a lot of you might be able to relate to… And I thought, well, we’ve all been through childhood! So why not talk about it?! This post will be quite similar to the time that I did 44 Teenage Girl Things, but quite a few people seemed to like that, so it should entertain you all!! 😀
*44 Childhood things*
1. Saying SO many words the American way because of kids TV shows with American accents…. And still saying them like that today… *Mayor* from Lazytown anyone?
2. Feeding food that you didn’t want to other siblings or the pet 😀
3. Thinking that your parents were literally giants
4. Always wanting to go to a big school, for big girls and boys 🙂
5. Pressing the ‘Try Me’ button on every single toy in the toy shop and acting like it wasn’t you 😀
6. Singing into the fan 😀 (Actually, I still do that now in the summer 😀 )
7. Drawing the sun in the corner of a page
8. Trying to balance the light switch between on and off
9. Pulling out the film stuff inside a tape… I did that to my Grandma ALL the time… Sorry Grandma 😦
10. BRIGHT blue eyeshadow
11. Wearing crop tops like they were* ‘little girl bras’*… 😀
12. Closing the fridge door super slowly so you can see the light turn off
13. Blowing inside the hole for games to make the DS work 😀
14. Granddad with his brand new fancy TOUCH SCREEN PHONE
15. Running to the TV to make sure you don’t miss your favourite show
16. Jumping from one couch to the other so you don’t land in the lava
17. Putting even littler siblings inside (yes inside) the washing basket with the lid on for hide and seek
18. Or putting them inside your wardrobe (I was such an evil child) 😀
19. Feeling like the Queen when you get to be at the front of the line in school
20. Spinning around on a swing and then trying to run in a straight line 😀
21. Laughing at naked statues
22. Having about a billion teddies all in your bed at once so they have more space than you do…
23. Drinking fizzy drinks from the cap of the bottle 🙂
24. Pretending you had lost your arms when they’re inside your shirt
25. Teddy schools anyone?
26. Barbies and Bratz dolls!
27. When your doll was actually a real baby but nobody knew except you 😉
28. Imaginary friends (I had an imaginary friend called Kalola and she was 99)
29. Drinking the water from the shower 😀
30. Falling asleep on the couch, and waking up in bed 🙂
31. Being just too cool for school when you used WordArt for EVERYTHING
32. Pretending that the raindrops on the window were having a race
33. Cake Cake CAKE
34. Having to literally tip your head all the way back or the only thing you would be seeing during assembly was the headmaster’s feet
35. Pins and needles in assemblies
36. The naughty step 😮
37. Bedtime stories ❤
38. Pretending to make poo with play dough…. 😀
39. Trying so, so hard not to fall asleep at night and waking up in the morning to find out that you fell asleep 😦
40. Telling everyone that you actually flew out of the window on your pink unicorn during the night but nobody realised because you were back before morning 😉
41. Thinking that your grandparents knew dinosaurs
42. The biggest, cheesiest smiles when there were family photos that probably got close to damaging your face 😀
43. Having a teddy bear with the same name as you
44. Wanting to be have the craziest jobs (I wanted to be an astronaut but then decided not to because I might get lost on the moon 😦 )
That’s everything I could think of! And since I reached 44 (the same as last time) I thought why not end it there? What do you think? Can you relate to some of these??
Thank you SO much for reading (I’m sure you’ll all be back to Elm soon) and thanks again to Elm for welcoming me to your blog 😀
-*Just Average Teen Me*
* * *
Again, thank you so much to Just Average Teen Me for posting on my blog. It’s really an honour to have you guest post, because I love your blog.
From Elm 🙂
If any of you want to guest post, drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can sort something.