I always forget certain things that I really should remember. Maybe you’re like me and forget them too, so I want to remind you.
• It’s alright to cry
• Your pain will never get old, and people won’t get tired of you talking about it
• You should talk when you’re feeling awful, if you need to
• If somebody forgets about you, it’s not your fault
• You’re the one with power over your emotions
• If someone doesn’t think you’re beautiful, they don’t know you
• Don’t scream at yourself for making mistakes, because you’re human
• Your happiness is as important, if not more, than anyone else’s
• You can fall in love a hundred times and each time, no one can tell you that it meant nothing
• Don’t blame yourself for being paranoid, or if you treat someone more sharply if you’re upset
• Your friends care about you and if they’re true friends, they always will
• You’re not alone
• You are not, in fact, a terrible person
• A part of the world needs you, and that part can’t be measured
• You’re wonderful, and I know you won’t believe that all the time and that’s okay
• Your heart will break too many times to count, and though the pain doesn’t lessen, you can find ways to help yourself
• You can’t always do everything alone; you need others to help you sometimes
• Your pain is valid. Other people may be going through more “serious” things but to you, your hurt is serious and it’s worth talking about.
• Letting yourself break down is natural; you aren’t weak for it.
• You may not feel strong right now, but you can build yourself up.
• This isn’t the end.
You won’t be able to remember them all the time, even most of the time; I never do. I hope, though, that they cross your mind from time to time and when you remember these things, you feel stronger.
I deserve to hear them. You deserve to hear them. It’s up to us to tell each other, if nobody else will.
From Elm 🙂