If I had to pick a favourite award, I think this one would be one of them. Why, you might ask, when there are so many out there? Well, this award is simple (I won’t start calling it cute, don’t worry). It was the first award that I ever did which got me connected to bloggers, back in the day where I had literally no idea how to blog or what a blog even was.
I was nominated to do this fabulous award by my amazing friend Lu from Lu Reads, who’s posting style is just brilliant. Thanks so much for nominating me! If you don’t know who she is, go and check her blog out, especially if you adore books as much as I do.
- Thank the blogger who has nominated y
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger who has nominated you
- Nominate 11 blogs
- Ask them 11 questions
1. Favourite drink?
Erm… Probably tea. I love tea. So much. Do I care it’s not healthy to have lots of it. Well, yeah…
2. Favourite cake?
Cheesecake or a really rich chocolate cake. I adore chocolate; for some reason I don’t like other cakes as much… I haven’t had it in such a long time though.
3. What’s the reason you started blogging?
I really needed an outlet for my emotions; I didn’t know what I was feeling at the time of starting and I knew that to have somewhere to write them down would let me process them a bit more. As well as that, I wanted – and still want – to help people by showing them that they’re not alone in what they go through. The reasons I started blogging are still the reasons I continue, along with the encouragement from all my online and real life friends.
4. What are you reading?
Well, nothing at the moment. I’m just about to start reading either Moll Flanders or Lady Chatterley’s Lover for my English work but I also want to read some contemporary or Sci-Fi novels… Basically anything. I’m a huge bookworm!
5. What was the last film you watched?
A really shit one called Silent Hill (it’s based off a game). As you can tell, I disliked it; I watched it with two of my best friends and my sister. Part of my reason for disliking it was because I had no idea what was happening. In addition to that, it was a “horror” film. What can I say – I’m easily scared.
6. What’s your favourite album at the moment?
Ahh, I’d say Ed Sheeran’s latest album. It’s utter gold; his voice is heavenly; I love it so much. From that, my favourite song has to be Perfect. However, I’m not really an “album” person.
7. What’s the craziest dream you’ve had?
There was this one where bloggers turned up at my house… That was odd. Another was where I was at Glastonbury
Festival but for some reason the stage was in a classroom? I don’t understand my dreams. A performance was happening but instead of singing, the person was telling us about their life and experiences. That one was relatively recently, though I can’t remember what exactly happened.
8. How long have you been blogging?
2 years and 4 months exactly! I’ve only just realised it’s my mini-blogiversary!
9. Do you speak any different languages?
Ever since I quit French AS-Level, I don’t. I’ll probably pick French up after I finish University (I’ll have to get through A-Levels first). I really did like the language.
10. What are you planning to do this summer?
I’m having a friend over next week, another friend over the following week and I’m going on holiday after Results Day followed by a concert with another friend… I never thought I’d be so busy. Along with that, I’ll be doing some work at some point… I hope.
11. What is your favourite season?
Autumn, simply for the feel of the leaves. There’s a perfect balance between warm summers and freezing winters; even the air feels right.
- The Girl with Ironwings
- Teen Girl Life
- Smiling Dreamer
- Very Punny
My Questions to You
- What’s a song that you feel summarises your thoughts right now?
- When was the last time you felt happy and why?
- Do you like books? (IF NOT WHY? *screams hysterically*)
- Do you often find yourself thinking about the past, present or future?
- If you’ve made a difficult decision recently, what have you learned from it?
- If you had to choose between always travelling abroad but never being able to travel in your own country or always travelling in your country but never being able to go abroad, which would you choose?
- What’s your least favourite instrument?
- Can you cook/bake? (I only ask because I can’t)
- Do you get emotional easily?
- What kinds of posts do you most like writing?
- How do you resist negative pressure to do something from others?
There you have it! I really hope you enjoyed my answers and the questions I set you!
If you haven’t been nominated for this, feel free to do it anyway – in fact, that would be wonderful! Whether you’re nominated or not, it doesn’t decrease your worth as a person.
Love from Elm 🙂