Fairly certain Elm doesn’t know I’m doing this. Shh, don’t tell on me.
Anyway. So today I had a mini little German test that my teacher gave us to make us prepared for exams next year or something? I don’t know. It was a listening test, which was good because it meant I could relax in lesson. And I got a pretty good score. Two marks off full marks. Which meant I got third best in the class, tying with a really tall dude who’s pretty cool. But because the grade boundaries only went up to a C on that paper because it was foundation, I still got that sinking feeling I get when I don’t get higher than a B. (On an old blog I talked about how I hated getting ‘low’ grades and how low for me was high for someone else and how I couldn’t cope with getting Bs and Cs.) It was less profound, sure, because one part of my brain was trying to tell me that I got the highest I possibly could have, but in my mind, a C is a C, no matter how you look at it.
Ah well. Fairly certain I’ll do okay next time I have a test like that with grades higher than a C. I hope.
Alright. I’d better go before Elm realises what I’m doing. She really should not have let me post here…
Thanks for reading, Odd.
A note from Elm:
You sneaky bastard, you! 😀 also, what are you even talking about? you did amazingly, as you always do, and don’t ever doubt that.
I am so stressed right now and the exams I referred to in the title aren’t even that serious. To those starting your GCSE exams after Easter, you have it WAY worse. I’m sorry for whinging 😦
Exams and things I have to worry about right now (I start school tomorrow oh fuck)
1. My French speaking GCSE assessment (the second one). I have to learn 5 paragraphs and I’ve done that but I stutter.
2. An English Lit coursework thing which is worth 20 percent of the WHOLE FUCKING GCSE. And the title? “Explore the ways in which writers present emotional relationships in Shakespeare’s Macbeth and a range of poetry, bow contemporary and from the English Literary Heritage.” I shit you not. I want to cry. It’s way too much, and there’s too much to write about, and I don’t know what to do.
3. My Sociology assessment on Tuesday that I completely forgot about and I’ve revised a bit (before Easter) but Jesus it’s on all we’ve done this year (mass media) and to top it all off, I haven’t even done one of the essays I was supposed to because of stuff… Eh.
4. Small Physics test on radiation but I’ll probably do crap because I can’t remember things.
5. A biology test, which I forgot about and was reminded of today, on genes and inheritance. Oh yeah, and I missed the last 2 lessons because I was on a revision course. Fucking hell
Like I said, I haven’t even scraped the surface of exams yet. But I can’t deal with this because I’ve already had to deal with really shitty emotional stress because of friendships this Easter, and I have to do so much revision that it’s just piling on and I feel sick.
I am such a whining twat. Sorry guys 😦
From the Elmitron